The Colorado Baton Council is excited to announce its 2023-24 competition dates:
- Fall Evaluation Meet and Clinic - Sunday, Nov. 12, 2023
- Sweetheart Spectacular - Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024
- Miss Twirler Pageant and Open Contest - Sunday, Mar. 10, 2024
- Colorado State Championships and Open Contest - Sunday, May 5, 2024
All competitions will be held at Westminster High School, located at 6933 Raleigh Street, Westminster, 80030.
• Modeling, Presolo, Hoop, Ribbon, Flag, Showtwirl, and X-Strut are not sanctioned by USTA.
• Foundation Events (Basic, Military, Parade March, Presentation) and the Unsanctioned Events of Modeling, Showtwirl, and Hoop, Flag, and Ribbon will be competitive and awards will be given.
• Championship Events (Solo, Duet, 2-Baton, 3-Baton, Strut, Artistic Twirl, Artistic Twirl Pairs) are evaluation only. Coaches will receive recorded critiques.
• Athletes compete at the age they will be on 8/31/2024. Please double check entry for correct age, events entered and amount paid.
• Every athlete must be a current member of USTA. All memberships – except ‘Non-Member Fee’ – must be paid in advance directly to USTA. Please visit www.ustwirling.com to download membership form or apply for membership online. Pay ‘Non-Member Fee’ with entry fees.
• No flash photography allowed in the gym.
• USTA and CBC are not responsible for injuries, or lost or stolen articles.
NOVICE – A contestant who has won less than three (3) competitive first place awards in that event. When the third first place award is won, the contestant may no longer enter Novice in that event.
BEGINNER – A contestant who has won less than five (5) competitive first place awards in that event. When the fifth first place award is won, the contestant may no longer enter Beginner in that event.
INTERMEDIATE – A contestant who has won less than ten (10) competitive first place awards in that event. When the tenth first place award is won, the contestant may no longer enter Intermediate in that event.
ADVANCED – A contestant who has won ten (10) or more competitive first place awards in a particular event.
BASIC STRUT 8 count intro, 32 count square, no twirling. Nov, Beg, Int, Adv
MILITARY STRUT 8 count intro, 32 count L formation, no twirling. Nov, Beg, Int, Adv
PARADE MARCH 8 count intro, 32 count formation, twirling ok. Nov, Beg, Int., Adv
PRESENTATION 12 count intro, 32 count open pattern. Nov, Beg, Int, Adv
ARTISTIC TWIRL Official music
ARTISTIC TWIRL PAIRS Official music
USTA STRUT Official music
SOLO Official music Nov, Beg, Int (1:30) Adv (1:48)
MEN’S SOLO Official music Nov, Beg, Int (1:30) Adv (1:48)
DUET Official music Nov, Beg (1:30) Adv (1:48)
2-BATON Official music Nov, Beg, Int, Adv (1:30)
3-BATON Official music Nov, Beg, Adv (1:30)
MODELING Open Formation
SHOWTWIRL Own Music (2:30 max.! Overtime penalty of 2 points!)
PRESOLO Official 1 min music Evaluative, not competitive
HOOP, FLAG, RIBBON Official 1 min music
CRITIQUE ONLY EVENTS
SHORT PROGRAM Official Music
FREESTYLE Own Music Evaluation Only – no awards given
HS/COLLEGIATE TWIRL Own Music Evaluation Only – no awards given
STANDARD AGE DIVISIONS
Primary 0-9, Juvenile 10-13, Junior 14-17, Senior 18-21, Adult 22+
DUET, ARTISTIC PAIRS, (combined ages) Pri. 0-18, Juv. 19-26, Jr. 27-34, Sr. 35+
(THE CONTEST DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE AGE GROUPS AS NECESSARY.)